3.25.2015

New House, New Baby, New Crazy Adventure!

So a lot has changed within this past year... a new house, renovations to said house, my first pregnancy, and the most precious gift I could ever ask for!

So we'll start off with the house:
It's a gorgeous house located on two acres of land, back in the woods away from all the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. It's a little slice of heaven coming from the city. It's about a mile away from the bay, so that means beach time soon :) I couldn't have asked for a better house to learn and grow with. That being said, it definitely needed some TLC. Stuck in the 90's with the honey oak kitchen cabinets, linoleum floor everywhere, laminate countertops, and ivory trim and doors throughout YUCK! But we definitely saw potential, and hopefully an investment for our future.

Renovations:
As you can tell from my descriptions above we have a lot of work on our hands. But the best part is learning how to do everything and doing it ourselves. It's definitely been challenging to say the least, but the kitchen renovation is pretty much complete. We redid the floor, painted the cabinets, installed granite countertops, and got all new appliances (pictures to follow). All other renovations that need to be done to the house are slowly getting started, and when I say slowly I mean haven't started at all but thought about starting them :)

Pregnancy:
Let me tell you, being pregnant was no walk in the park. Between the morning sickness (well the all-day sickness), the hair growth (ew I know), and the stretchmarks, I did not have the time of my life. I did track my weekly bump progress with a chalkboard so I'll be posting those up soon here as well.

Finally we get to the best part, my sweet baby :)
Worth all of the sickness, all of the pain of birth, all of the stretchmarks. I couldn't imagine anything better than this. He seriously brightens my day with every smile. He's the sweetest little thing that I've ever laid my eyes on. Obviously an insane amount of posts about this little guy are to come, hope you're ready! :)

So lots of things have happened since my last post, but I'm back and ready to share my journey! Hopefully I'll keep it up this time ;)

Color Yourself Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say =]

Leave a comment and have a colorful day!