4.06.2015

Easter 2015

We had a really great time yesterday for Easter. Everything went really smoothly and we have plenty of leftovers to feast on during the week, which is my favorite!

First holidays are so much fun, and getting more fun each time as Parker gets a little bit older for each :) Here's how our Easter Sunday went:

We woke up, went downstairs and noticed the Easter bunny made a stop at our house for Parker. He will for sure be one spoiled boy, but I just can't help myself! How cute is he?!


After we dug into his Easter basket, we made some coffee and got ready for church. Mind you, this was our first time going to church in about eight years (wayyy too long!). Parked slept the whole service, which was great, and it was beautiful out so it was nice to get out of the house for a bit. I couldn't help thinking about how great it would be if Parker could walk and we could hide eggs in the yard but I guess that'll have to wait until next year ;)

When we got home it was time to start cooking. We always get a honey baked ham for both Easter and Thanksgiving so that was taken care of. I made some deviled eggs, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and some stuffing (all homemade of course!). I didn't get any pictures of our table spread with all the fixins' on it, man! But I did snap a few pics of the desserts. I am by no means a professional photographer, but I at least try to take some pictures, that counts right?


It's not much but it was only my husband, our two neighbors, and myself, and we all enjoyed it!


Ok, ok, ok so I'm not a professional baker either. Sue me! I think these turned out cute :)


You know how hard it is to find those huge hearty strawberries to make chocolate covered strawberries?! It's pretty much impossible, so I had to settle for the regular sized ones from the carton. These are supposed to resemble carrots, can you tell? Either way they were tasty ;)

After dinner we sat down on the couch in our food coma and watched a movie. I'd say all in all it was a very successful Easter! I'd love to hear all about your Easter. What kind of desserts did you have and were they as perfectly imperfect as mine? ;)

Color Yourself Full of Delicious Treats



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say =]

Leave a comment and have a colorful day!