2.26.2013

DIY Sugar Scrub


This sugar scrub is by far the best, and most versatile sugar scrub ever! It's super easy to make and your skin will feel amazing after you use it.


Here's what you'll need:



  • Sugar in the raw
  • White sugar
  • Safflower oil
  • Coconut oil
  • Pretty jar for scrub 




So after you gather all the ingredients, make sure your jar is clean. Then start by adding half sugar in the raw and half regular sugar. It should look like this:


You'll want to fill your jar pretty much full. For me, it took about 1/4 a cup of each sugar. Then mix the two together.

Note: I like using sugar in the raw over brown sugar because it creates a better scrub. If you use brown sugar, the scrub dissolves in the shower as you're putting it on. The sugar in the raw stay in tact and you can scrub away!

Next, I like to add about 1/4 a cup of safflower oil. A little bit less depending on how much coconut oil you'd like to use. So I mix in the safflower oil and then add the coconut oil. I add probably and 1/8 a cup of coconut oil because it's a lot more expensive than safflower oil. I'll add enough of the coconut oil to get the right consistency and then that's it! Here's what my consistency looks like:

And here's what my finished product looks like. Nothing too fancy cause' we ain't got nothin' too fancy round these parts of South Korea. No, but seriously, it's hard to find a good craft store here so I have to take what I can get!




You can alter this recipe to make any flavor you'd like! You can even add food coloring. I didn't because I like the natural stuff, it smells amazing!

Some good essential oil combos you can add to make this smell yummy are:
Lavandar and Vanilla
Mint and Eucalyptus
Orange and Vanilla
Eucalyptus and Ylang Ylang
And about a bajillion more… just be creative!

For St. Patty's Day, I've made a Irish Cream one that consisted of adding Mint, Vanilla, and Green food coloring =]

Note: You can change out the oils if you'd like. Coconut oil has a pretty strong scent, so if you choose to add essential oils, I'd just take that one out and use the safflower oil, as the safflower oil contains little to no scent. Olive oil, on the other hand, is super strong and will leave you smelling like it if you use that. But if it's all you have, it's still better than nothing!

This also works great for silky smooth legs! Shave your legs, use the scrub on them, then shave again and you will feel like you're ready for the beach! 

Oh, and when your smoochers are feeling a little drab and chapped from the winter weather, this scrub will fix that right up! Just dab a little on your fingers and scrub away on your lips. Rinse with water and you're good to go!

So be creative, use this as a base recipe and go make yourself feel and smell great!

Color Yourself Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say =]

Leave a comment and have a colorful day!