2.27.2013

Spicy Shrimp Stir-Fry



This is such an easy meal when you're on the go and need something quick. It only takes about 20 minutes with prep and it tastes fantastic! Here's what you'll need…



1/2 cup water
4 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoon soy sauce
4 teaspoons cornstarch
2 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
14 ounces cooked shrimp, tails removed
1/2 cup - 1 cup rice
Whatever stir-fry veggies you like best! I typically use broccoli, carrots, onions, and pea pods




Directions:


  1. Boil two pots full of water. One for the shrimps (if they aren't already cooked) and one for the rice (if you don't have a rice steamer). If you do have a rice steamer, then steam away!
  2. In a bowl, stir together water, ketchup, soy sauce, cornstarch, honey, crushed red pepper, and ground ginger. Set aside.
  3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in veggies and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until onions start to look translucent. Stir in shrimp, and toss to coat with oil. Stir in sauce. Cook and stir until sauce is boiling and thick.
  4. I always add too much water in my rice when I boil it, so at this point I strain my rice and then plate some and add the yummy shrimp concoction on top. Mmmmmm!
Note: If you don't want this dish to be spicy, just omit the red pepper flakes, or use less. Or if you'd like it to be sweeter, just add more honey =] Oh and be careful when you put the garlic in the hot oil… it tends to jump around everywhere and it's really scary haha. And if you're a sauce lover, just double the sauce recipe and you're all set!

Now go and make yourself a delicious meal that will impress your friends and may even impress yourself with your sweet cooking abilities!

Color Yourself Happy!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this spicy Shrimp Stir Fry. I want to cook this one on my Birthday because this recipe is one of my favorite and I want to serve it to my visitors. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say =]

Leave a comment and have a colorful day!