3.19.2013

Green Power Smoothie

This is the most unexpected delicious smoothie packed with goodness that you will ever enjoy!

After making this smoothie for my Mom and Stepdad (that's her up there ^. What a foxy lady, right?!) , they've requested the recipe a couple times because it was THAT good!! It doesn't look too appetizing but you really can't beat the taste, or all of the nutritious delights it has packed into it! My husband especially loves this one… I get an order probably about once or twice a week to make it. 

Now, what makes this green you say? Well, some spinach and avocado account for the color. 

What makes it taste so yummy and scrumptious? That would have to be the bananas, dates and almond butter, oh and probably the almond milk since it has a bit of a sweet taste to it.

So what does this not-so-great looking green smoothie taste like? This really blew my socks off the first time that I made it, but it tasted just like……….BANANA BREAD! Sooooooo yummy! You get brain freeze gulping this down because it's such a delightful treat! 

Ok, now that you've got the five cent tour of how good this smoothie is, I'll share my recipe…

Green Power Smoothie
2 Handfuls Spinach
2 Bananas 
1/2 Avocado
2 Tbs Almond Butter
2 Tbs Flax Seeds
6 Dates
2 Cups Almond Milk

Blend it all together until smooth and enjoy!

This will make about three cups, or two large glasses. And, if you use fresh bananas instead of frozen, you'll need to add a handful of ice.

I hope you'll enjoy this smoothie as much as my family and I do!!
Color Yourself Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say =]

Leave a comment and have a colorful day!